Monday, April 4, 2011

Benches

In Chicago I have a bench on the lake close to my old apartment that I would sit on for hours everyday for the whole summer and part of the fall. Some days I would bring a book and sweatshirt to stick under my head while I laid and read. I sat every which way I could for hours. I only got sunburned on one side of my body every time. Some days I would bring my head phones and just watch the waves and others I would sit in silence and just take in the beautiful monstrosity of lake Michigan. One time a photographer took photos of me from behind with my hair blowing in the wind and showed me after; they were sweet. I brought my friends and my mom to this bench because I claimed it and I knew it and I loved it.

And now I have found another bench to pass the time and I am quite excited about. It seems it is just what I need. This is in no way replacing my other bench but I have decided to start collecting benches. Sounds like a good thing to collect right? I can go whenever I want. I don't have to store it and it doesn't take up space in my house.

Tomorrow I am going to bring bread and feed the geese from this bench. Yeah, it is that cool.

Merriweather

No comments:

Post a Comment