Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mysterious Footsteps

I am convinced that there is a ghost in the house that I live in at the present time mainly because my mother does as well and she has given it a name: "Gertrude". I hear footsteps in the middle of the night and I hear doors opening and closing because they are anything but quiet. And sometimes I am sure I have seen something. Now, in the past we have blamed all the strange noises and door movement on the different cats that we have had over the years, but we are cat-less for the first time since I was little and it is a little disconcerting.

Both of my parents will be gone for the next few nights and I invited one of my bestest to come and stay with me because I am slightly frightened of sleeping alone. I told my mother this and she responded with "can't you find an attractive boy to come and sleep with you?" I told her I would get right on it. You see, my mother is not the average conservative Wisconsin mother that roams the main streets in her mini van, we don't have a mini van nor have we ever owned such a vehicle. She has a completely different way of going about things and gosh darn it I enjoy it, its not every day your mother proposes sex, let alone in her house.

Merriweather

No comments:

Post a Comment