Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lights OUT

While I sit in the dim light of a tropical candle I try to come up with things to do for the rest of the night if the lights do not come back on before my body tells me it is time for sleep. With my lap top draining and my phone about to do the same I am left with reading, which I dearly love. But my father always told me to read with a good light because he never did and he has terrible eyesight. But since I have had terrible eyes since the second grade I don't think this is a huge problem. Reading by candle light is dreaming and cozy and right up my alley on this gray rainy day.

Take a moment to think about what you would do if your electricity went out....

Remember there is no....
Cooking or baking
Vacuuming
TV, movies
Digital clocks, alarm clocks
Sewing machines
Refrigerator
Washer or dryer
Garage door opener

And there sure as shit isn't a blender to make mar-ga-hoo-has (a term coined by a dear friend meaning margaritas) 

Merriweather

No comments:

Post a Comment