Some tips for next year:
1. Wear flat shoes preferably with some traction
2. Don't wear wool, or heavy layers while running about because you will roast alive waiting in line
3. Bring your phone to keep you occupied waiting in line, or in case you need to call someone for a size or color
4. Stay hydrated!
5. Park at the back of the parking lot. You are wasting time and gas waiting for that perfect spot. And you will get out quicker in a less condensed area. Also everyone could probably use a little extra exercise this time of year.
6. Have a snack in your purse/pocket
7. Always be kind to the workers/cashiers; would you want to do their job?
8. Don't forget your list, and mark things off as you go along so it feels awesome when you've got everything
9. Know the store before you enter, or ask someone where things are.
10. Have your form of payment ready, along with coupons.
11. Make sure you have gas in your vehicle
12. If you cannot remember if you need tape, wrapping paper et cetera; get it while you are there so you don't have to run out