Tuesday, November 15, 2011

To Go With Hugs

There are tons of studies out there that prove everyone needs a certain amount of physical interaction each and every day and I most definitely agree. But living in Chicago, especially the first year when I did not know a soul, I did not get the amount of human touch I think I really needed. This Regina Spektor song always came to mind:



"Summer in the city, I'm so lonely lonely lonely
So I went to a protest just to rub up against strangers"


Some days I think riding on the trains that whipped back and forth slamming me into complete strangers may have been the only time I had that. Maybe this is why I hug all of the time and am very affectionate with all of my friends. Even a knee slap after a funny joke counts as positive physical touch!

Merriweather


No comments:

Post a Comment