Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Saltines

I was recently informed that saltines are pretty much nothing more than salted cardboard however that will not prevent me from always loving these wonderful crackers. When I was little my 'john deer loving grandpa' told me "the best way to get fat is to eat these here saltines with lots of butter." He showed me how to make a sandwich out of two crackers and informed me of all the different things you could add to them to make them even better. Was I interested in saltine sandwiches? Hell no, but that didn't matter because he was my grandpa and I don't think he really knew what to do with us grand kids so I listened. I learned about his lawnmower, his tools, his truck and I distinctly remember him explaining the mechanics of a metal slinky. But as I sit here with my saltine sandwiches made with peanut butter and jelly I can't but think about how interesting my grandpa was and how good these damn little sandwiches taste,

Merriweather

No comments:

Post a Comment