Friday, February 25, 2011

My Life In A Nutshell

“My life in a nutshell” has always been a phrase stuck in the back of my mind. I am not sure where it came from and what it means but I love it dearly. I do often find myself in a nutshell of silliness. Strange things happen to me probably because I am strange. There is always that one person in the family that is a little bit weird compared to the rest of the crew; well in my case my whole family is that “one person” we are indeed a family made up of weirdoes. We each have our own little quirks that work together to form a very eccentric gathering of souls. 

Recently after I explained my little shell-life to a friend, she said she imagined me like Thumbelina sleeping in a walnut. This seems like a really lovely idea sleeping in a walnut; unfortunately it will probably never happen for me. But imagine flower petal skirts, bark sleeves and a fresh palette of creams and lavenders to create a sweet little collection of spring time. I am so incredibly overwhelmed and happy about mauve and cream and a little khaki here and there in the weeks to come.

Merriweather

No comments:

Post a Comment